Advancement Services & Resources Coordinator
Since 1979, HomeSafe is a nationally accredited non-profit organization dedicated to protecting Palm Beach County’s and South Florida’s most vulnerable residents – victims of child abuse and domestic violence. We provide comprehensive programs preventing new cases of violence, protecting victims of child abuse and domestic violence, and preparing children and families for safer, more productive lives.
HomeSafe has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced research and database administrator to join our team.
The Advancement Services and Research Coordinator is responsible for developing, managing, evaluating and integrating a robust data management and prospect research program. This position is responsible for all database management, advancement reporting and analytics, gift processing and acknowledgments, advancement communications, donor stewardship, and prospect research, including the preparation of prospect profiles to support fundraising efforts. This position will support the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) in the development and stewardship of HomeSafe’s Major Giving and Planned Giving Recognition Societies.
This is a non-exempt full-time position with office hours of 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. located in Lake Worth.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Demonstrated understanding of the development process, including stewardship, donor relations, prospect research and database management. 3-5 years Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software and relational database architecture and management experience. Prospect research and wealth screening software resources experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent administrative, time management, organizational, and coordination skills
- Proficient in Microsoft software applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and spreadsheet preparation and manipulation.
- Strong English written, grammar and verbal communication skills
- Able to generate letters and persuasive appeals
- Able to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relationships
- Able to effectively prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Able to take initiative
- Able to remain calm and function effectively in a stressful environment
- Able to work flexible schedules and adapt to changing environment
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Able to drive own vehicle long and short distances throughout Palm Beach County
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Consults with Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and Senior Staff to understand and analyze their donor/prospect database needs, and develop and implement a database architecture and management plan to meet those needs.
- Ensures prospect/donor records are configured to effectively support the needs of HomeSafe’s growing Advancement Department and keep pace with developments in software functionality.
- Sets policies and procedures for use of the database and leads training for all appropriate staff to ensure adherence to these policies.
- Develops and implements strategies for cleaning and augmenting database to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Serves as the primary liaison to Blackbaud, as well as other appropriate CRM and prospect research software vendors/consultants, for all issues related to account management, training, system updates and enhancements.
- Collaborates with the CAO in the development of a Moves Management Program for Advancement staff, including policies for data entry, data integrity and defined metrics.
- Oversees complex data requests from CAO and Senior Staff and develops dynamic dashboards for frequently-used reports and queries.
- Fulfills all requests for simple and complex report generations and list pulls, including financial reports, giving trend reports, geographic and demographic lists, donor/prospect reports, attendance reports, email and mailing lists.
- Creates infographics and visuals (line graphs, pie charts, bar charts, etc.) to complement donor and financial reports for the purposes of Board and public presentations.
- Conceptualizes new and enhanced queries for prospect analysis and current donor trends.
A. PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND EXECUTING
1. Demonstrates the ability to understand and accept instructions.
2. Takes responsibility for achieving results and follows through on assignments.
3. Demonstrates ability to work independently.
4. Shows initiative and discretion.
5. Works effectively in a fast paced environment.
6. Manages multiple priorities according to prescribed timelines.
7. Demonstrates the ability to remain flexible within a changing environment.
8. Demonstrates effective time management skills.
B. TEAM WORK
1. Promotes a positive work environment.
2. Seeks to do what is right for the team and/or organization.
3. Collaborates well with all levels of staff.
4. Participates in creating an inclusive and respectful climate.
5. Proactively supports others through sharing knowledge and skills.
1. Verbally expresses thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
2. Documents information accurately and legibly.
3. Demonstrates integrity by communicating directly and honestly.
4. Listens actively and verifies understanding.
D. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
1. Builds effective internal and external relationships.
2. Takes a proactive approach to dealing with conflict.
3. Demonstrates courtesy in dealing with others.
4. Shows respect for different opinions and views.
5. Works effectively with diverse populations and is culturally sensitive to the needs of clients and staff.
6. Demonstrates the ability to remain focused and respond appropriately in crisis and/or stressful situations.
E. WORK ETHIC
1. Takes responsibility for achieving results and following through on assignments.
2. Acts as a role model implementing daily routine and responsibilities.
3. Complies with attendance standards and requirements.
4. Complies with punctuality standards and requirements.
5. Complies with HomeSafe policies, procedures and Employee Handbook
6. Maintains confidentiality and respects privacy issues.
1. Completes annually required training within required time frame.
2. Applies learned skills and knowledge to daily responsibilities.
3. Keeps informed of new developments in specific field.
1. Promotes a safe work environment and complies with HomeSafe safety policies, procedures and standards.
A. Physical Demands:
Tasks involve the ability to exert light to moderate physical effort. May involve lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light to moderate weight (10-25 pounds). Repetitive sitting; standing; walking; reaching with hands and arms; climbing stairs; balancing; stooping; kneeling; talking; and listening. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to drive.
B. Mental Demands:
Ability to remain calm and rational when dealing with persons who may be agitated and/or violent. Ability to organize and prioritize projects and responsibilities.
C. Working Conditions:
May be exposed to contagious or infectious diseases. Residential, community, and/or office environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply here.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.