Associate Director Community Impact
United Way of Palm Beach County
To lead donors, volunteers, community leaders, nonprofit organizations, and other experts in developing and implementing community impact strategies within the assigned focus area(s).
- Develop funding priorities for each focus area assigned
- Research, analyze and synthesize pertinent data
- Establish goals, strategies and outcomes
- Build coalitions around these funding priorities
- Facilitate collaboration among agencies, donors and other key community stakeholders around the development and implementation of partnership initiatives or specific strategies
- Participate on relevant community meetings, coalitions, task forces, and committees, including those related to disabilities
- Lead the facilitation of a community coalition of nonprofits, parents, volunteers and others that serves to inform and promote respite in Palm Beach County.
- Manage the Special Needs Equipment Fund that purchases durable medical equipment for qualified youth with a disability.
- Coordinate activities and communication with appropriate organizations, (i.e., state, county, local commissions, networks, councils, etc.) as they relate to the focus areas
- Assist with the Request for Applications (RFA) process for investments in each focus area
- Develop the RFA document, application and other related materials
- Manage the volunteer review and allocation recommendation process
- Increase investment in these focus areas by expanding and diversifying our own development efforts and supporting those of others
- Work with other departments to raise awareness and funds for programs by assisting with writing grants
- Work with other departments to identify appropriate volunteer and community engagement opportunities including one-time and ongoing opportunities, skills-based volunteering, etc.
- Measure, communicate, and learn from the impact of our efforts
- Manage adherence to United Way and Children’s Services Council policies and standards for a portfolio of grants including subcontracts through the Children’s Services Council Special Needs Initiative
- Monitor the outcome evaluation process and provide consultative support
- Prepare documentation and relevant reports
- Work collaboratively with other departments to communicate the impact of United Way’s and Children’s Services Council investments to corporate and individual donors as well as the broader community
- Assist, as assigned by management, with the organization’s disaster response efforts
- Perform other duties as opportunities are presented and/or assigned
- Demonstration of outstanding interpersonal, meeting facilitation, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to build consensus and facilitate collaboration, as well as the ability to build and sustain productive relationships with diverse individuals, groups, organizations and communities
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, think strategically and effectively problem solve
- Travel throughout Palm Beach County required
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Planning and Organizing
- Project Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Writing Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, social science, business or liberal arts preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years of related leadership experience in the disabilities and/or other human service field with program development, administration, fiscal oversight and comfort in collaborating with leaders, preferred
- Experience working in a team environment, managing/facilitating effective groups, developing collaboratives, and working with volunteers
- Knowledge of program evaluation methodologies and outcome measurement practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience analyzing and using data to inform and improve program performance and outcomes
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
How to Apply
United Way of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.