Data Entry Specialist
United Way of Palm Beach County
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Hourly
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President Resource Development
To directly contribute to United Way of Palm Beach County by maintaining the overall integrity and quality of the Andar donor management platform through input donor information for individual donors and organizations. Reporting directly to the Senior Vice President Resource Development, this position will optimize the development process with data entry, database management, data integrity, analysis, data extraction, and report customization to support fundraising efforts and donor engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages and maintains the overall integrity and quality of the Andar donor management system including but not limited to contact information, mailing addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Performs daily data entries, regular data improvement, enforcement of database business processes and management of code values, business rules and other functions of the database that ensure accuracy.
- Organize data and enter it into the Andar Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system in a timely and accurate manner, which includes corrections associated with returned mail corrections, pledge envelop input/corrections, account activations/deactivations, and substantiated electronic notifications/ corrections.
- Ensure the accuracy of database information for individual donors and corporations and provide reports to internal staff including mailing lists and data audit reports for data verification and corrections.
- Act as an interdepartmental liaison between departments to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and processes.
- Learn advanced capabilities of Andar and recommend improvements.
- Use Andar to create prospecting, research, and pipeline development by identifying, qualifying, cultivating, and soliciting potential step-up donors.
- Develop and maintain queries and exports for direct mail appeals, communications, and projects, which include segmented reports, donor recognition lists, and high-level reports.
- Assist in development of system planning, testing and conversion procedures for office databases including, but not limited to database mapping, gift and code tables clean-up and consolidation, and reporting procedures always ensuring accuracy and integrity of the donor management system.
- Process routine and requested clerical tasks required by your supervisor or those required for in the daily performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors and prospects.
- Assist, as assigned by management, with the organization’s disaster response efforts
- Perform other duties as opportunities are presented and/or assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High School Diploma/Equivalent, Associate degree desired with related experience preferred
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or Donor Management Software (DMS) experience
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Andar experience
- Knowledge of complex databases and ability to learn Andar software
- Experience using Constant Contact, and Adobe InDesign preferred
- One to three years’ experience in office/administrative environment
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be flexible to changes, able to work independently and have strong problem-solving skills
- Strong spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Accurate word processing, excellent follow-up and general office procedure experience required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply: https://uwpbc.applicantpool.com/jobs/929457.html
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.