Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida
DEPARTMENT: Fund Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Salary
Do you like data? Do you like grants? Do you like knowing your work is helping to build the next generation of GIRL leaders? If you enjoy a challenge, are a quick learner, and are passionate about our mission, then perhaps you want to consider applying to be our Development Administrator!
What will a typical day look like in this role?
No two days will be the same; however, you’ll be working alongside the best group of colleagues, all of whom are working to ensure that we build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the word a better place! As a go-to team member supporting outward-facing Fund Development colleagues that are frequently out and about sharing our mission in the community, the team needs someone they can delegate tasks to and know that they will be done.
One day you may be pulling data from our database to help us tell donors the story of how local Girl Scouts are impacting our community, the next you might be creating a master grants deadline calendar, or assisting with a mass mailing campaign, or processing gifts and thank you letters, or preparing a grant report for a funder, etc., etc., etc. Click on the link to view the full position description.
This position directly supports our Director of Grants & Stewardship in the Fund Development Department, and works closely with our entire team, including the Senior Director of Development and Chief Financial Officer. The Development Administrator is a vital role and has a “seat at the table” during Fund Development team meetings, providing a terrific opportunity to learn the business!
This position is located at our fabulous Lake Worth headquarters and is Monday – Wednesday 8-6pm and Thursdays from 8-5pm. This position offers a terrific opportunity for work-life balance with Fridays off!
Who are we seeking?
- A self-starter with the ability to perform highly responsible and complex administrative work with minimal instruction or in accordance with established procedures.
- A professional that has a high level of attention to detail and the ability to organize, plan, and prioritize work to meet multiple deadlines.
- Someone with excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- An individual with intermediate to advanced competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel, Database management (a working knowledge of Donor Perfect or similar database experience is preferred) and other software including Survey Monkey, Google Forms, Qualtrics, and ZOOM.
- Someone who demonstrates a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to staff, volunteers, and members of the organization.
- A professional with the demonstrated ability to coordinate a variety of unrelated functions and handle multiple projects concurrently.
What else will you need?
- Minimum of one year experience in an administrative capacity working with grants and/or supporting mid-to-senior level staff.
- Associates degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment strongly preferred.
What will you get?
We are an energetic group that works really hard, but we also like to have lots of FUN! We’re building future leaders of tomorrow, so we provide development opportunities that foster both professional and personal growth and an exceptional benefits package!
We believe it’s important to offer a healthy work-life balance, so we actually pay our employees to unplug! In addition to paid summer and winter breaks, we provide an exceptional work environment, generous amount of vacation and sick time, medical, dental, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, FSA, pre-paid legal plan, discounts on veterinarian visits, employee discounts at our Council shop, along with a 401-K plan with employer match. We also invite all new team members to join our Equity Team!
How to Apply
Complete our online application in consideration for an opportunity to begin your career in Girl Scouting today!
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application link: https://gssef.applicantpro.com/jobs/1805718.html
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.