Director of Product Sales
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida
DEPARTMENT: Mission Delivery
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Salary
To give our best, we hire the best.
At Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, we believe in the power of every girl. With the right team of amazing people, we can ensure every girl reaches her fullest potential, and oh what a SWEET journey that will be!
The Director of Product Sales is responsible for directing the activities related to GSSEF’s two council-wide product sales (the Fall Product Sale and the Girl Scout Cookie Sale).
When girls participate in both the Cookie and Fall Product Sale Programs, they get more than life-changing experiences and adventure. They also develop essential life skills, goal setting, decision making, money management, people skills, and business ethics, all while soaring in confidence and practicing leadership the Girl Scout way to lift one another up and change the world, together.
The Director of Product Sales will be instrumental in the development of strategies to support the product sales efforts and will direct the staff and volunteer teams involved in their implementation.
What other fun & exciting things will you be doing?
- Creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive product sales plan that includes budgeting, marketing, training, logistics, ancillary events or initiatives, and evaluation for both sales.
- Developing strategies and tactics, which will address critical issues in the areas of product sales, set objectives for each strategic area of the department, and outline methods for achieving those objectives and goals.
- Managing and/or support ancillary events, campaigns and activities that contribute directly to product sales.
- Directing all logistics related to the sale, including the development of collateral material and forms, training, delivery agents, inventory management, recognition, and administration.
- Accounting for all product sales funds due from areas, initiate bad debt collections, and prepare financial reports for each sale and maintaining comprehensive product sales records.
Who are we seeking?
- A consummate professional, who possesses the ability to provide an exceptional experience for our customers.
- An individual with previous demonstrated experience in meeting and exceeding outcomes in participation and sales revenue goals.
- A Director of Product Sales who is terrific with numbers and who has previous experience in the development and management of an annual budget, and in ensuring consistent evaluation, oversight and reporting.
- Someone who has previous experience in developing and delivering effective training programs to volunteers or staff that supports and promotes expected revenue outcomes.
- A candidate who possesses the ability to multi-task, work and travel independently (within and outside of general office hours)
- A dynamic individual who is proficient in public speaking, presenting to small and large groups of staff and volunteers as our Director of Product Sales.
- Someone who has demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, as well as Internet Explorer and the Web. Experience with Salesforce, Looker, Hybris or similar systems is preferred.
- A Director of Product Sales who has the ability to work with and effectively manage adult volunteers.
What else will you need?
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- A Director of Product Sales with 3 years of previous experience in retail sales management, sales and/or marketing
- An understanding and acceptance of the Girl Scout beliefs and principles
What will you get?
We are an energetic group that works really hard, but we also like to have lots of fun!
- We’re currently enjoying the Dog Days of Summer, where team members can bring their well-behaved dogs to work on Thursday!
- We also regularly have celebrations and events to acknowledge the accomplishments of our TOTM (Team on the Move!)
With a focus on work-life balance, we offer:
- A regular schedule consisting of a condensed 37 hour four-day work week which is from Monday-Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m. and Thursday, 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
- As the Director of Product Sales will be expected to work many evening and weekend hours, the regular schedule may be adjusted to meet both business and employee needs and/or adjusted time may be available to offset some of the additional hours worked.
- The salary range for the Director of Product Sales position is $48,314 to $55,000.
Because of our belief in a healthy work-life balance, we actually pay our employees to unplug! In addition to paid summer and winter breaks, we provide:
- A generous amount of vacation and sick leave;
- Medical, dental, employee assistance program and life and disability insurance;
- FSA, pre-paid legal plan, discounts on veterinarian visits, employee discounts at our on-site Council shop;
- A 401K plan with employer match. There is no vesting period and you can start accruing the employer match on your very first day;
- Development opportunities that foster both professional and personal growth and,
- The opportunity to join our employee-led Equity Team, which is helping us to increase our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts in meaningful and measurable ways.
Don’t take our word for it! We recently asked a few GSSEF retirees to describe our organization in three words. Here is what they had to say:
- Collaborative. Compassionate. Committed.
- Inspiring. Extraordinary. Fun.
How to Apply
Complete our online application for the Director of Product Sales position in consideration for an opportunity to begin your career in Girl Scouting today!
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application link: https://gssef.applicantpro.com/jobs/1805709.html
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.