Elder Crime Intervention Coordinator
Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach/Treasure Coast Inc.
The Elder Rights Center of Excellence at Your Aging Disability and Resource Center (Area Agency on Aging) is seeking a compassionate and solution-focused individual to work as a full-time, exempt-level Elder Crime Intervention Coordinator.
This position is responsible for helping older crime victims, developing new tools and strategies for serving these victims, and providing intensive services to seniors at risk of continued financial exploitation.
Individuals who apply must have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a concentration in social work, criminal justice, human services, counseling, legal studies or another related field.
- Five years of professional experience, including some experience working with victims of crime, abuse or exploitation
- Experience in working with or managing volunteers to accomplish program tasks
- Experience in grant management including reporting outcome measures
- Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English is a plus
The Successful Candidate Will Possess:
- Empathy, humility, and a sincere passion regarding advocating for older adults who are victims of crime
- Ability to provide case management and advocacy services to older crime victims, including the ability to assess seniors’ financial safety and develop personalized plans
- Some knowledge of community resources for the older population
- Ability to use databases and prepare reports to conduct data analysis and interpretation
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- An eye for detail, superb organizational skills, and the demonstrated ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
Salary and Benefits
This position is full-time with a starting salary of $40,000. The selected candidate must be able to pass a Level II background screen and successfully complete and maintain a Victim Services Practitioner Designation. May require minimal evening or weekend work.
Agency Benefit Package includes:
Group health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, L/T disability; Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, EAP and Retirement Plan.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, send your resume and a cover letter outlining how your qualifications match our requirements to Shelley Naughton at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Area Agency on Aging, attention Human Resources, 4400 N. Congress Ave. West Palm Beach, FL 33407. No phone calls, please.
Submissions without a cover letter will not be considered. Please Note: a fax cover sheet does not qualify as a cover letter.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.