Elder Rights Center Project Director
Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach Beach/Treasure Coast Inc. | Your Aging and Disability Resource Center
The Elder Rights Center at the Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach/Treasure Coast, Inc. is seeking a full-time Project Director. This grant funded position is responsible for program administration including supervision of paid and volunteer staff, managing budgets and achieving program objectives including victim assistance, education and advocacy.
The Elder Rights Center provides direct assistance to senior crime victims in Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, and Okeechobee Counties. The position is based in West Palm Beach. Outreach and local travel required. Bilingual (Spanish) and/or knowledge of local community resources is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university in criminal justice, social work, psychology, human services, gerontology or a similar field.
- Experience and concentration in working with older adults. Must possess at least five (5) years of experience in victim services, victim advocacy, criminal justice, adult protective services, crisis intervention, elder law, or similar.
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- At least one year of experience with grant management and/or grant reporting.
- Preferred: Certification as a Florida Victim Services Practitioner OR able to complete the certification within the first year of employment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and database management.
Required Skills and Abilities
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities to:
- Work with all stakeholders with humility, respect and appreciation
- Maintain accountability for own actions
- Respond to the needs of older crime victims with kindness and compassion
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Problem solve to determine appropriate course of action using logic, common sense, and knowledge of community resources
- Recruit, develop and manage volunteer corps
- Develop, cultivate and nurture community partnerships; interact effectively with funders
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Grant writing ability is strongly preferred.
- Advocate for seniors by educating law enforcement/banking personnel, creditors and other stakeholders regarding elder abuse and financial exploitation.
Salary and Benefits
Agency Benefit Package includes:
Agency provided employee health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Long Term Disability Insurance; Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, 401k retirement plan.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, send your resume and a cover letter to:
Karen Roberts, HR Director at kroberts@yourADRC.org, or mail to:
Area Agency on Aging
Attention: Karen Roberts, Human Resources
4400 N. Congress Ave.
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Submittals without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.