Events and Development Manager
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida
DEPARTMENT: Fund Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Salary
To give our best, we hire the best.
At Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, we believe in the power of every girl. With the right team of amazing people, we can ensure every girl reaches her fullest potential!
Our Fund Development team is seeking a motivated, self-directed and highly detailed individual who will be responsible for planning and executing all fundraising events for Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida.
This is an in-based position located in our beautiful Administrative Headquarters in Lake Worth, Florida.
What other fun & exciting things will you be doing?
- Plan, organize, and direct all aspects of fundraising events and third-party fundraising programs for GSSEF. This includes, but is not limited to, correspondence, marketing, host committee recruitment and coordination, sponsorship, and on-site event direction.
- Develop and oversee all ancillary event pieces, to include honorees, silent and live auctions, chance drawings, peer-to-peer fundraising, etc.
- Develop and maintain special event budgets, ensuring expenses remain within budget, and event revenue goals are met for ticket sales, donations, silent auction, sponsorships, and all related event revenue line items.
- Coordinates sponsor recognition, engagement, and impact including but not limited to logo placement, program ads, event tickets, invoicing, and recaps related to fundraising events, ensuring sponsor benefits are implemented and deadlines are met.
- Supervise all committee and special event volunteers, as well as any paid special event staff.
- Identify individuals, corporations, foundations, and businesses with whom new relationships can be formed to increase sponsor and third-party support.
- Pursue partnerships and collaborations within the community, engaging donors, sponsors and supporters, and being proactive in bringing funding opportunities to the Sr. Director of Development.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Communications Department (MarComm) to create and maintain all event collateral material, and develop a marketing plan for each event, while maintaining branding standards in marketing materials, including print, advertising, social media, e-communications, and website.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications Department to produce Fund Development campaign plans and materials.
- Collaborate with the Fund Development Team to produce and roll-out Fund Development campaigns via mail, email, social media, and web communications.
Who are we seeking?
- Someone with superior time management who has the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, while managing multiple deadlines.
- Someone with extensive knowledge of general fund development and fund raising practices and principles.
- A candidate with demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows Explorer with proficiency.
- An individual with the demonstrated ability to use sound judgement with independent decision-making.
What else will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years documented experience in special event planning, sponsorship, and general fund development.
- Experience in the development of budgets and ability to manage financial resources effectively.
- Proven results with fundraising and special events.
- Strong public relations skills and ability to develop community collaborations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other functional areas in furthering GSSEF’s goals.
- Understanding and appreciation for GSSEF’s mission and the capability to project that mission to prospective donors and partners.
- Willingness to actively participate in the development of environments that foster diversity, equity, inclusion, and access through words, actions, and attitude.
What will you get?
We are an energetic group that works really hard, but we also like to have lots of fun. With a focus on work-life balance, we provide development opportunities that foster both professional and personal growth and an exceptional benefits package that includes paid holidays, a summer shut-down and a winter break.
We believe it’s important to offer a healthy work-life balance, so we actually pay our employees to unplug! In addition to paid summer and winter breaks, we provide a generous amount of vacation and sick time, medical, dental, employee assistance program, life and disability insurance, FSA, pre-paid legal plan, discounts on veterinarian visits, employee discounts at our on-site Council shop, along with a 401-K plan with employer match. We also invite all new team members to join our Equity Team!
How to Apply
Complete our online application in consideration for an opportunity to begin your career in Girl Scouting today!
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application link: https://gssef.applicantpro.com/jobs/1805716.html
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.