Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, Inc.
CLASSIFICATION: Salary, Full time
At Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, we believe that with the right team of amazing people, every girl can reach her fullest potential!
Our Finance team is seeking a detail-oriented, highly accurate and self-directed individual to handle accounts payable, cash receipts and the general ledger in accordance with established procedures and internal controls.
This is a non-exempt, in-based position located in our FABULOUS Lake Worth Headquarters! Office hours are Monday- Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.; occasional evening and weekend hours may be needed during certain times of the year and advance notice is generally provided.
The hiring range for this position is $38,829- $43,000.
What else will you be doing?
- Process A/P, research outstanding invoices, and respond to vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Process cash receipts entries, verify general ledger coding and enter into the cash receipts system.
- Process employee expense reimbursement reports and VISA summaries.
- Research, track, resolve and correct accounting entry errors.
- Prepare and enter monthly journal entries required for month end close.
- Maintain the vendor files in an organized manner for accessibility by the Finance team.
- Assist the CFO and Accountant in preparation for the annual financial audit by preparing confirmations and auditor-specified schedules, and providing documentation as requested.
- Maintain 1099-M documentation and perform annual 1099-M regulatory reporting.
Who are we seeking?
- An individual with superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- A candidate with intermediate to advanced expertise in the use of Microsoft Excel and financial systems like Blackbaud, Donor Perfect, Net Suite or Abila.
- Someone with excellent time management skills who has the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, while managing multiple deadlines.
- An individual who possesses excellent math and business writing skills, along with a working knowledge of general accounting practices and principles.
- A tech-savvy candidate who is comfortable working at an organization that is transitioning to a paperless environment.
- An individual who has the ability to work independently within a collaborative environment.
What else will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Preference for degrees or coursework in accounting or business administration.
- Minimum of three years recent, relevant experience required.
- Nonprofit experience strongly preferred.
- Fund accounting standard knowledge strongly preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
What will you get?
We are an energetic group that works really hard, but we also like to have lots of FUN! We’re building future leaders of tomorrow, so we provide development opportunities that foster both professional and personal growth and an exceptional benefits package that includes paid holidays; a paid summer shut-down the 1st week in July and a paid winter break!
We provide an exceptional work environment; generous amount of vacation and sick time; subsidized medical and dental insurance; free Teladoc, employee assistance program access, life and disability insurance; and offer for employees to fund through payroll deductions additional life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a pre-paid legal plan, vision coverage, and discounts on veterinarian visits. Team members also receive discounts at our Council shop and are eligible to participate in a 401k plan with employer match from day one with no vesting period! An additional 401k profit sharing plan is also available after one year of service with a vesting schedule.
As if that’s not enough, all team members are invited to join our Equity Team, to participate in Dog Days of Summer, on-site yoga, on-site massages and regular Health & Wellness challenges! We are also a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualifying employer.
How do you apply?
Complete our online application in consideration for an opportunity to begin your career in Girl Scouting today! Click here to apply: https://gssef.applicantpro.com/jobs/2790445.html
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.