Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach Beach/Treasure Coast Inc.
This full-time exempt position incorporates the following important functions:
This position is responsible for directing the implementation of the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) functions. This will include development, coordination of information referral & intake functions, administration, evaluation, quality assurance and technical assistance. This position serves as a liaison with community agencies and needs of seniors and adults with disabilities. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following skills:
- Hires, trains, orients new program staff and supervises, counsels and evaluates professional staff under his/her supervision, providing guidance, mentoring and technical direction
- Coordinates the Agency-wide completion of the strategic plan and subsequent six-month deliverables for Board review.
- Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support programming.
- Implements program initiatives as identified by senior management
- Works closely with the Director of Consumer Services, Consumer Services Access Manager, staff on issues related to ADRC implementation
- Manage annual program budget and ensure the program operates within the approved budget.
- Under the direction of the CEO, may serve as the focal point for the Agency with the Department of Elder Affairs ADRC staff
- Works closely with appropriate staff to ensure adequate community outreach regarding the ADRC’s Information and referral services
- Represents the Agency through speaking engagements at conferences and memberships on boards, committees and task force groups to increase awareness of service delivery issues and to promote local advocacy efforts
- Ensures Information and Referral services are client focused for seniors and adults with disabilities
- Ensures REFER database is comprehensive and accurate with resources to serve the entire PSA for seniors and the disabled population
- Oversees the ADRC Intake Process and Medicaid eligibility process to ensure clients are served in a timely manner
- Knowledge of local programs; community resources and services for older adults
- Knowledge of Medicare or Medicare Advantage plans
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus (not preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a concentration in human services, social work, sociology, psychology, gerontology or other related field of study
- Seven years of management experience in health or social services or related discipline
- Knowledge of the aging and senior services is preferred but not required, a Master’s degree is a plus, experience managing telephonic customer service a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
Salary and Benefits
Rate of Pay:
The salary for this position is $65,000-$85,000
Benefit Package includes:
Agency provided employee health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D; Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, 401k retirement plan.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position:
Send your resume and cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N. Congress Ave. WPB FL 33407 attention Shelley Naughton at email Shelley Naughton snaughton@yourADRC.org or fax to 561-214-8678.
Please note that due to the volume of responses received, only those candidates selected for an initial phone interview will be contacted.
Also Note: Submittals without a cover letter specifying the position applied for, as well as candidates’ applicable qualifications, will not be considered. Please be aware a fax cover sheet does not constitute a cover letter.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.