Helpline Medicaid Intake Specialist
Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach Beach/Treasure Coast Inc. | Your Aging and Disability Resource Center
This full-time non-exempt position, based in West Palm Beach Florida, is an integral part of the Agency’s Helpline that serves seniors, caregivers, and adults with disabilities. The position is responsible for assessing the needs of seniors and persons with a disability and matching them with available services designed to maximize their health and well-being.
Additional responsibilities include facilitating the eligibility of individuals waiting for services with the goal of providing expedited application for public assistance programs to frail elders.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the following skills:
- Familiarity with Medicaid programs and/ or applying for benefits
- Ability to multitask and carry a caseload of clients with the ability prioritize work
- Detail orientation including the ability to think critically, enter information, talk and look up information simultaneously
- Customer Service Orientation including exceptional Listening Skills
- A sincere desire to work with seniors and persons with a disability and the ability to demonstrate patience and empathy
- Knowledge of needs assessment processes and interviewing/counseling techniques
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with staff members, clients and or their caregivers as well as with other community partners
- Ability to team; display effective time management skills; ability to quickly process and assimilate new information
- Ability to work independently; possess initiative and a results orientation; take personal responsibility and demonstrate accountability for actions
- The ability to demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and devotion to ethical conduct in pursuit of Agency objectives, and ability to maintain confidentiality and professional composure as appropriate
- Proficient in data bases, Internet, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Preference will be given to those candidates with previous knowledge of eligibility guidelines and requirements of Medicaid related programs.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus to properly serve clients and their caregivers.
- Familiarity with community resources and services for seniors is strongly preferred.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED AND two years of work experience as a caseworker, case manager, intake specialist or similar human services related work OR
- Possess an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of one year of experience as a case worker, case manager, intake specialist or similar human services related work OR
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Salary and Benefits
Rate of Pay: The starting salary for this position is $32,000 with an increase to $34,000 after a successful completion of 6-month introductory period.
Benefit Package includes:
Agency provided employee health insurance, Life Insurance/AD&D, Long Term Disability Insurance; Generous Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leave Programs, EAP, and 401k retirement plan.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N. Congress Ave. WPB FL 33407 attention Karen Roberts, HR Director at email kroberts@yourADRC.org or fax to 561-214-8678.
Also Note: Submittals without a cover letter specifying the position applied for, as well as candidates’ applicable qualifications, will not be considered. Please be aware a fax cover sheet does not constitute a cover letter.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.