IT Desktop Technician
Area Agency on Aging Palm Beach Beach/Treasure Coast Inc. Your Aging and Disability Resource Center
We are looking for a qualified IT Desktop Technician that will install and maintain computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality while providing and maintaining “Service Excellence”. You will also “train” users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure. Responsible for providing a single point of contact for end-users to receive IT support and maintenance within the organization’s Desktop Computing, WYSE Thin Client, Laptop and Remote Server Environment.
Rate of Pay: The pay rate for this part time position is $15.00 per hour.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications
- High school degree or equivalent; Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA Net+ certification or other related IT professional certification; meet all state-required licensure/certification
- Previous experience as a help desk technician, computer technician, or IT support
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve multiple technology issues
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a diverse and fast-paced need it now environment
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Experience working with Avaya IP phone system, VOIP, Network Support, Printers, Wyse Thin Clients, Lenovo Laptops, Dell workstations, Zoom Meeting, go to Meeting, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Office, Office 365, document management system and Help Desk support
- Up-to-date knowledge of new systems, information, software, and upgrades
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift equipment
- Occasional to consistent work on nights and weekends as needed
Preferred Training and Experience
- Microsoft Network Engineer Certification
- Experience with Avaya IP Office Enterprise phone system
- Network security
- Understanding of relational databases
- Ability to work under stressful situations
- Ability to lift and carry computer related equipment not to exceed 50 pounds
- Ability to bend and stoop in hard to access locations to hook up or trouble shoot computer equipment
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to: Area Agency on Aging, 4400 N. Congress Avenue. WPB, FL 33407 attention Shelley Naughton; email to firstname.lastname@example.org fax to 561-214-8678.
Please note submittals without a cover letter specifying the position applied for, as well as candidates’ applicable qualifications, will not be considered. Please be aware a fax cover sheet does not constitute a cover letter.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.