Major Gifts Coordinator
United Way of Palm Beach County
DEPARTMENT: Major Gifts
CLASSIFICATION: Full time, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Major Gifts
To directly contribute to the mission of United Way of Palm Beach County (UWPBC) by providing administrative and fundraising support to the Director of Major Gifts by sustaining and growing the Tocqueville Society and stewarding major donor relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and fundraising support to the Director of Major Gifts in meeting the needs of the team internally and customer service for donors, philanthropists, and prospective donors.
- Provide all account follow-up that may include but is not limited to compose/draft letters; set-up appointments; schedule meetings; conduct research as needed regarding current and prospective accounts and individuals.
- Provide administrative support that includes but is no limited to typing; data entry; filing; word-processing; proof reading; taking meeting minutes; internal and external correspondence; report generation and queries; coordinating registration and food for receptions, luncheons, meetings, and events; assist with mailing projects.
- Serve as the lead administrator on all Tocqueville Society/Major gift events. Manage RSVP process, provide guest/sponsor correspondence, coordinate with Finance Department on billing and collections, and serve as central point on all administrative items for each event.
- Prepare Tocqueville reports and work closely with Resource Development, Finance, IT, and Operations teams to ensure data integrity.
- Provide telephone support for the team that includes but is not limited to answering calls, receptionist rotation, recording and delivering accurate messages, referring complaints and requests for information to appropriate staff and following up as needed.
- Scheduling, setting up, and providing virtual meetings or in person meetings, which includes recording, and completing meeting minutes.
- When appropriate, participate in various after hours and weekend activities that benefit UWPBC and the community.
- Perform other duties and assumes other responsibilities as assigned, which due to the leadership role of UWPBC in the community, particularly during times of crisis, it is the expectation that all UWPBC staff will be fully engaged in the organization’s crisis plan and response efforts.
Core Competency Requirements
- EXCELS AT CUSTOMER SERVICE – Serves (treats) all customers (internal and external) with utmost respect and responsiveness to deepen relationships and advance UWPBC’s mission.
- DRIVES FOR RESULTS – Has a passion for innovation and risk-taking, meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative goals in a thoughtful and time-driven manner.
- COMMITS TO THE ORGANIZATION – Has the responsibility for aligning one’s own behavior, leadership and commitment with the needs, priorities, goals, and culture of UWPBC.
- EMBRACES DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION – Creates an atmosphere that respects and embraces engagement of all people, ideas, and backgrounds and aligns with UWPBC’s values.
- SEIZES LEARNING – Able and willing to learn new skills and knowledge and accept new challenges to further UWPBC’s mission.
- MANAGES MULTIPLE PROJECTS AND TASKS – Effectively manages time and resources to respond to emerging needs while continuing to deliver on organizational goals, objectives, and timelines, and seeks help when needed in juggling priorities.
- PERSONIFIES TEAMWORK – Demonstrates good collaboration and communication to be effective in any team setting.
Other Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task; able to perform in a fast-paced team environment, or independently, shifting priorities rapidly without losing focus or productivity. Must operate with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality. Spanish language not a requirement, but helpful.
- Internal: Communicate with all levels of the organization to exchange information, collect information, and coordinate projects.
- External: Communicate with volunteers, key volunteers, donors/contributors, general public, vendors, public/government agencies, UWPBC partner agencies, and media to exchange information (when necessary only), collect information, coordinate projects.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- One to three years’ experience in office/administrative environment in support of senior level position.
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible to changes, able to work independently and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Andar experience.
- Knowledge of complex databases and ability to learn Andar software.
- Experience using Constant Contact, and Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Accurate word processing, excellent follow-up and general office procedure experience required.
With or without reasonable accommodation, operates in a professional office environment, visual acuity, and manual dexterity. Employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists, and fingers. Ability to reach, grasp objects, lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Occasional stooping, bending, standing, and walking. Occasional travel to other locations. May be required to work additional time and weekends for special projects, deadlines and/or events.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply at: https://uwpbc.applicantpool.com/jobs/
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.