Major Gifts Manager
United Way of Palm Beach County
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development
CLASSIFICATION: Salary, Full time
To directly contribute to Major Gifts and philanthropic fund development for United Way of Palm Beach County through major gift solicitation and high donor matching grants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Solicit donations and cultivate relationships with donors to develop, secure, upgrade and maintain gift income sources
- Manage, write, and create content and mailing of quarterly Tocqueville Society Newsletter and solicitations
- Manage major giving data for reports
- Assist as a presenter for philanthropic campaigns.
- Create materials on all aspects of major giving and donor relations.
- Spearhead the UWPBC step-up from Leadership to Tocqueville level giving efforts
- Engage in philanthropy donor search and research for potential grants consistent with mission through Donor Search software.
- Manage grant concept, processes, and documentation through the submission process
- Provide a monthly report of major giving, grant research, and submissions to the Vice President Major Gifts.
- Provide excellent customer service to donors and prospects.
- Assist, as assigned by management, with the organization’s disaster response efforts.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by internal procedures and the donors wishes.
- Assist, as assigned by management, with the organization’s disaster response efforts
- Perform other duties as opportunities are presented and/or assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience working in major gift fund development
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience, with major gifts and/or grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising a plus.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be flexible to changes, able to work independently and have strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Significant knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software
- Knowledge of database searches using Donor Search, and ability to learn Andar software
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and institutional donors
- Accurate word processing, excellent follow-up and general office procedure experience required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
How to Apply
Please click here to apply: https://uwpbc.applicantpool.com/jobs/929442.html
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.