Maternal Wellness Coordinator-Bilingual English/Spanish
Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies
REPORTS TO: Clinical Director
This position is accountable for successfully implementing the program model, goals, and desired outcomes. The position provides clinical expertise and requires performing activities that benefit clients being served by the agency. The Maternal Wellness Coordinator (MWC) provides maternal mental health trainings to the community, as well as facilitates support groups for perinatal women. The MWC provides direct client services that include risk assessment, crisis intervention and linkage to appropriate services. The MWC may also lead individual and/or group clinical reflective supervision with front line staff. The MWC works flexible hours to accommodate clients’ needs. The position requires being available for home visits, as needed. Local travel required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities May Include:
- Facilitate support groups for perinatal women, including recruitment of participants, scheduling support groups, identifying locations for support groups and reserving spaces, arranging for food and refreshments, tracking pre- and post-tests for member of support groups, and collecting outcomes from participants.
- Develop and implement Maternal Mental Health trainings and presentations for health professionals and community at large to effectively educate targeted audiences about Maternal Mental Health and services available.
- Create and implement grief support opportunities for women who have experienced perinatal loss.
- Utilize HMHB’s internal data system for tracking client information.
- Develop and implement strategies to properly assess the mental health needs of clients and identify the level of intervention for pregnant women in need of mental health. The MWC will provide case management services (internally and externally) for perinatal women and ensure women are successfully linked with needed services.
- Develop protocols to provide crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques in mental health.
- Actively participates in case staffing with agency staff, community partners or other agencies in the Healthy Beginnings system of care.
- Build partnerships and promotes flow of communication among partners to ultimately provide clients with appropriate services.
- Assess and analyze services and access barriers in Palm Beach County and bring to the attention of Senior Leadership.
- Effectively monitors program performance to ensure outcomes are being met.
- Develop reporting and ensure that program meets grant/funder requirements, and ensure all related reports are complete and timely. Monthly reports are submitted to the MWC’s direct supervisor.
- Attends pertinent meetings and trainings related to the position and as deemed by Senior Leadership.
- Complete other tasks as needed or required by agency management, funders or staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal relational, problem solving and communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of maternal and child health issues.
- Data collection and analysis skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Teaching, platform and presentation skills with adult learners necessary.
- Ability to meet and communicate with diverse groups
- Training in Mothers and Babies course preferred.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) required.
- Strong background in clinical assessment and therapeutic interventions with pregnant and postpartum women.
- Experience teaching and/or providing group presentations.
- Experience in techniques and methods of facilitating groups.
- Experience navigating and linking clients to community services
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work in various roles and settings and capacities while respecting boundaries in each role.
Master’s degree is required from and accredited university in social work, psychology, mental health or related social services field and clinical license in the State of Florida or a Registered Intern. (Qualified supervision for registered interns seeking Licensure as LMHC is provided.)
Preferred Credentials/Licenses: State of Florida Clinical License (LMHC, LCSW, LMFT) or License-eligible
Work Orientation Factors
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk & hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job tasks may require the ability lift, bend and move items from one place to another.
Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, carry minimum auto insurance as required by state law and provide own transportation.
How to Apply
All interested applicants can send resume to email@example.com.
This description reflects the major functions of the job. The employee is expected to perform these and other job duties assigned. Additions, deletions or changes may be made to this position at any time without prior notice.
Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. The agency will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.