DEPARTMENT: Mentor Center
CLASSIFICATION: Salary, Full time
Assist with the activities of the Mentor Center initiative committed to the advancement of quality mentoring programs through training and technical assistance within Palm Beach County.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Associate Vice President of Mentoring, Executive Vice President of Community Investments and other program staff in refining the quality, quantity, efficiency and effectiveness of the organization’s work. Develops the training and technical assistance element for incorporation into the Mentor Center’s comprehensive plan.
- Responsible for scheduling and delivering training sessions. Provide oversight for the creation of new curriculum and updating existing curricula and training tools to reflect trends in the field and needs of mentors and programs. Manage inventory of training curricula and resource library materials. Manages MOU’s with volunteer trainers and contracts with local, regional and national trainers.
- Create an annual or multi-year training plan. Implement and manage an evaluation process for all facets of mentor training.
- Respond to requests for mentoring program consultation and technical assistance via telephone, in-person or e-mail. Deliver established curriculum to mentoring program staff and mentors. Customize and deliver training sessions. Assess and respond to ongoing training needs of network members. Schedule and support trainers as needed.
- Manage invoicing system for training, consultation, curriculum, and materials purchases working with UWPBC staff to ensure that accurate procedures are followed. Track revenue and expenses generated from training. Assist in preparation and design of proposals for funding as needed.
- Work with Associate Vice President of Mentoring and UWPBC marketing department to design marketing materials for training calendar and market trainings to various key stakeholder groups.
- Work with existing community partnerships and assist to create new partnerships in the community to expand training opportunities and goals. Identify and support training needs of various partnerships. Facilitate and schedule Mentor Center Network meetings. Develop procedures for co-sponsorship of workshops, training events and conferences with provider organizations, colleges, universities, other children’s councils, and state and national agencies and organizations.
- Work with Mentoring Outreach Specialist to identify local trends in mentoring and address the trends through topic specific trainings.
- Collaborate with nationwide partners to assess which trainings may be implemented locally.
- Develop evaluation process for training calendar. Create evaluation tools for training sessions. Create follow-up evaluation surveys for training and consultation sessions. Manage annual and ongoing evaluation and grant reporting. Create Professional Development calendar of training sessions for mentoring program staff. Identify and recruit qualified trainers from diverse backgrounds and skill sets. Establish a train-the-trainer orientation process. Schedule trainers to provide sessions consistent with skills and location. Supervise the work performance of and assign work responsibilities to trainers.
- Assist with the oversight and maintenance of online mentor reporting system(s).
- Assist, as assigned by senior management, with the organization’s disaster response efforts.
- Perform other duties as opportunities are presented and/or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in human services, social sciences or closely related field, preferred
- A minimum of three years’ experience in program development, management, capacity building
- Experience working with volunteers
- Reliable transportation for off-site travel visiting agencies and meetings throughout the community required
- Ability to provide superior customer service to agencies, volunteers, staff and community members
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, implementing and completing projects within stated timelines
- Demonstrate initiative in following through independently with projects and tasks
- Demonstrate support of organizational objectives/initiatives
- Demonstrate creative problem solving
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and organizational development
United Way of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.