The Glades Initiative
Responsible for working with the President/CEO for the planning, coordinating and implementing of activities for the operations of The Glades Initiative, Inc.
Overseas and coordinates on a daily basis, facilities of The Glades Initiative, including customer service, human resources, payroll, accounting and data management. This position is also involved in budget development and audit coordination. Position is full-time with generous benefits. This position is full time, non-exempt, 40 hours/week including some evenings and weekends and reports to the President/CEO.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $80,000
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintains financial accounting using general accounting procedures
- Uses QuickBooks to manage organizational finances with nonprofit bookkeeping experience
- Ensures that all clients receive the highest level of customer service.
- Implements and periodically reviews policies and procedures for the daily operations.
Human Resource Management:
- Implements and periodically reviews the CCH HR Manual and all job descriptions
- Advertises positions and performs initial interviews of all staff and volunteers; performs background checks, orientation and schedules reviews of employee/volunteer performance Completes all HR forms: I-9, W-4, Employment and Volunteer applications, hiring letters and maintains personnel files.
- Ensures all personnel procedures are followed.
- Enters data as necessary and oversees and reviews entry of all data, financial and otherwise by self, staff and volunteers.
- Works with the President/CEO to ensure proper data reporting for grant and financial reports.
- Commitment to The Glades Initiative’s mission and services.
- Strong background and work experience in operational finance – Quickbooks.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Access.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Ability to develop and draft procedures as needed and necessary.
- Excellence in interpersonal skills and collaborative management style.
- Excellent people manager; open to direction and a collaborative work style; commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to question and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong work ethic and able to handle confidential agency and client information.
- Has comfort level in a diverse environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and finance or bookkeeping experience required.
- Completion of Level 2 background screening.
How to Apply
Send email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the word OPERATIONS-“Your name” in the subject line of the email.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.