Outreach Educator (Bilingual English/Spanish)
Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies
REPORTS TO: Director of Outreach Education
This position responsibility is to strategically identify and target at-risk communities to identify pregnant women who lack the resources to receive early and consistent prenatal care. The program has an impact on accomplishing our agency goal – 100% of pregnant women in Palm Beach County receive early and consistent prenatal care. Educate the community by making a correlation on how the importance of early and consistent prenatal care leads to healthy births which then leads to a healthier community. Reduce the number of women who receive inadequate prenatal care and eliminate variations among groups in access to such services. Reduce low birthweight babies in Palm Beach by being committed to locating and linking all pregnant women into prenatal care, particularly the women who receive inadequate prenatal care and those at greater than average risk of a low birth-weight delivery. Expand our education to the community and system of prenatal care individual interventions that can help reduce the risk of low birthweight and infant mortality.
Local travel required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement innovative outreach plan to identify pregnant women in the community and refer to prenatal care coordination services.
- Maintain strategic key community partnerships and cultivate new relationships throughout the county in an effort to expand outreach activities and increase the number of client referrals.
- Coordinate a variety of outreach activities; public education events, offer presentations on the importance of early and consistent prenatal care and fetal development.
- Work closely with HMHB partner agencies to expand the reach of Healthy Beginnings services to the broader community about related community resources.
- Conduct outreach activities or attend networking events during traditional and non-traditional hours including evenings/weekends.
- Maintain documentation of outreach contacts and activities to schedule intake appointment, complete accurate and timely reports, including monthly reports, inputting outreach activities in agency data system, time sheets, mileage, reimbursement requests and any other required paperwork on or before deadlines.
- Assist as needed with other program, agency and funder responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of working with diverse populations.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to utilize internet and complete accurate data entry.
- Skill in public speaking with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately, orally and in writing with various individuals and groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with community groups, parents, civic associations, and the general public as necessitated by the work.
- Ability to participate in development of visual and educational materials.
- Outreach experience with diverse populations
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Work Orientation Factors
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk & hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job tasks may require the ability lift, bend and move items from one place to another.
Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, carry minimum auto insurance as required by state law and provide own transportation.
This description reflects the major functions of the job. The employee is expected to perform these and other job duties assigned. Additions, deletions or changes may be made to this position at any time without prior notice.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. The agency will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.