Prenatal Care Coordinator-Bilingual English/Spanish
REPORTS TO: Program Director
The Prenatal Care Coordinator is responsible for screening and assessing all pregnant women in Palm Beach County to determine what services women are eligible for utilizing. The program also strives to successfully link all pregnant women with a permanent medical payment source and medical home in order to access prenatal care during their pregnancy. The program works in conjunction with community organizations to assure services are available throughout Palm Beach County. The screening and assessments occur at convenient locations for families. Based on the assessments, the families are referred to programs that will assist them with a variety of support, education and health information. The position is accountable for successfully implementing the Prenatal Care Coordination program model, goals and desired outcomes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Completes screens and assessments at a variety of locations, including home visits and community locations.
- Facilitates access to prenatal care and linkage to services. Services include access to payor source, medical home, Healthy Beginnings Program and external referrals to the community. Provides education based on client needs.
- Follows established program protocols and guidelines in service delivery to clients.
- Collaborates with agency partners to understand and provide services to clients/families. Provides follow up with client on all services and referrals made on their behalf.
- Completes and submits accurate and timely programmatic forms, reports and administrative paperwork, including electronic databases.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of maternal child issues and community resources.
- Ability to interface effectively with a diverse population.
- Excellent case notes and documentation skills.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills as well as time management skills.
- Bilingual skills, both verbal and written, may be required depending on the client base.
- Minimum of one year experience working with pregnant woman and/or mothers and children.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice, Counseling or Education.
Work Orientation Factors
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk & hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job tasks may require the ability lift, bend and move items from one place to another.
Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, carry minimum auto insurance as required by state law and provide own transportation.
How to Apply
All interested applicants can send resume to email@example.com.
This description reflects the major functions of the job. The employee is expected to perform these and other job duties assigned. Additions, deletions or changes may be made to this position at any time without prior notice.
Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. The agency will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.