Prenatal Screener – Bilingual (English/Creole)
Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies
REPORTS TO: Program Director
Prenatal Risk Screener is responsible for contacting clients according to the Healthy Start Prenatal Risk Screens received from the Health Department via the local Obstetricians in Palm Beach County. The program works in conjunction with community organizations to assure services are available throughout Palm Beach County. Based on client contact, risk factors and assessment the families arereferred to programs that will assist them with a variety of support, education and health information.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conducts client contact to assess risk factors on women completing the Healthy Start Prenatal Risk Screen by utilizing the Healthy Start Standards and Guidelines. Prenatal follow-ups to include providing information, prenatal education and appropriate referrals to needed resources and services. This includes attempt to locate visits and/or actual home visits.
- Staff will follow up on referrals from the Healthy Beginnings Outreach Collaborative Agencies. Provides confirmation to the referral source via email to confirm receipt of referral in HBDS as well as to provide status updates. Completes a spreadsheet logging information regarding the Healthy Beginnings Outreach referrals and sends report monthly to Program Director. Incumbent is required to complete and submit accurate and timely data as well as making prompt and professional phone calls.
- Schedule intake assessment appointments for Prenatal Care Coordinators. Assign the case to the appropriate Prenatal Care Coordinator upon completion of intake via HBDS. Follow the agency No Show policy to engage clients in services as needed.
- Meet system and agency contact and documentation guidelines for all client referrals. Follow the Healthy Start Standards and Guidelines to meet attempt and contact guidelines as set by DOH and the funder.
- Update and maintain accurate client information within the HBDS. Document provided client services in an accurate and prompt manner. Ensure case closures have been completed and documented in the database system.
- Completes and submits accurate and timely programmatic forms, reports and administrative paperwork, including electronic databases.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of maternal child issues and community resources.
- Ability to interface effectively with a diverse population.
- Excellent case notes and documentation skills.
- Must possess strong verbal communications skills as well as time management skills.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to utilize internet and complete accurate data entry.
- Bilingual skills (English/Creole), both verbal and written, may be required depending on the client base.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working within the maternal child health arena, customer services skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice or Education.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may apply by sending cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Must have a valid Florida driver’s license, have an acceptable driving record, carry minimum auto insurance as required by state law and provide own transportation.
This description reflects the major functions of the job. The employee is expected to perform these and other job duties assigned. Additions, deletions or changes may be made to this position at any time without prior notice.
Healthy Mothers/Healthy Babies does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. The agency will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description may not be all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.