Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches
Job Description and Tasks
Overall: The Program Assistant (PA) will provide full support to and be cross trained in all aspects of the program
- Conduct eligibility screening for new meal service requests and determine if service can be provided. PA will schedule and conduct enrollment appointments, complete the appropriate new intake paperwork and data entry.
- Assist and manage program related phone calls and follow up
- Assist with program related client support tasks and events
- Conduct outreach in the community
- Help develop and implement new programs
- Conduct in-house reporting and maintain accurate computer records
- Other duties as needed and assigned pertaining to the program department
- The PA position will include both in-office hours as well as appointments out of office with local travel required
Skills and Education
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written
- Excellent in-person and telephone customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter who takes pride in achieving and exceeding goals
- Pleasant, engaging, cooperative, with positive can-do attitude
- Polished, professional demeanor
- Detail oriented and ability to achieve results with little guidance
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Previous experience in the Health and Human Services profession
- Comfortable with public presentations and outreach
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Human Services or equivalent experience
- Ability to multi-task
Compensation consists of a competitive salary plus mileage for local travel.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Fundraising Min 5 years
Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Human Services or equivalent
Pay: $25,012.00 – $36,000.00 per year
How to Apply
“We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.”
The organization is committed to keeping our staff safe and healthy during the COVID pandemic. We instituted sanitation guidelines, temperature check daily, practice social distancing, and wear masks in public areas of the office.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.