Program Coordinator – Food
The Glades Initiative
Program Coordinator- Food oversees the operations of The Glades Initiative Food Pantry and the Glades Area Food Bank, including but not limited to supervision and coordination of food pantry staff and volunteers, purchasing and restocking of food pantry items, cost and quality control, coordination of food delivery program, monthly statistics and reports as required, product acquisition, storage and distribution; and the general maintenance, cleanliness, and organization of the facilities, equipment and vehicles. This position will also be responsible for assisting in and supporting the efforts of the organization’s system of care activities, communication with partners, organizing and leading meetings. Position is full-time with generous benefits.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
- Coordinates Food Programs: donations, purchasing and distribution and data management
- Maintains food bank and pantry inventory and places approved orders with vendors
- Packs food pantry orders and stocks shelves as needed.
- Coordinates Nutrition Education classes with partners and residents throughout the Glades.
- Must be able to lift 40-50 lbs., bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time
- Must possess excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to define goals, meet urgent deadlines, organize, implement and prioritize projects
- Work with other staff in the identification of gaps in services, as well as the generation of ideas and suggestions for means of addressing these gaps
- Foster effective working relationships with health and human service partners,
- Serve as a liaison/resource for provider agencies.
- Advocate for residents west of 20-mile bend on health and human services issues
- Attend trainings, conferences, and meetings related to the position
- All other duties as assigned
General Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
By definition of a system of care, there are numerous partners/ stakeholders involved and as such, the Program Coordinator – Food will need to be able to work well in a team setting. Candidate must be efficient on the computer and have a solid understanding of the health and human service issues facing the residents of the Glades communities. Additionally, the Program Coordinator – Food must be comfortable with public speaking/ presentations to diverse audiences. Must be a self-starter and work well independently. Will also need to have and utilize strong organization skills. Bilingual proficiency is preferred, but not required.
Education and Experience
This position requires some college education with a Bachelor’s degree preferred, 2 – 4 years of health/ human services program experience. Experience with food bank or food pantry, knowledge of Glades area, and bilingual preferred. This position is Non-Exempt and reports directly to the President/CEO.
Hazards of Position
Heavy lifting, operation of light office equipment, some travel by public or private conveyance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject line: Food Coordinator-“Your NAME”
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.