Resource Development Manager
United Way of Palm Beach County
DEPARTMENT: Resource Development
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time; Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Resource Development
The Resource Development Manager will play a critical role in the management of United Way of Palm Beach County’s corporate workplace fundraising campaigns. This position will oversee a defined portfolio of corporate relationships to support the total annual workplace revenue goals. Workplace revenue is comprised of employee giving campaigns, workplace-led special events, and corporate gifts. The Resource Development Manager is expected to develop, cultivate, and manage new and existing corporate relationships as part of the overall fundraising strategy.
The ideal candidate thrives in a forward-facing role, building relationships and providing excellent customer service. This position will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders as well as work externally with a defined segment of corporate industries to aid in their corporate social responsibility initiatives. This position serves as a key participant of the Campaign Cabinet to support new business and re-engagement business strategies.
The Resource Development Manager is essential to the success of United Way of Palm Beach County’s financial commitment to the community to strategically address the most critical needs and create systemic change through helping youth succeed, stabilizing families, and empowering healthy lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage large portfolio of assigned corporate accounts to aid in the planning and execution of corporate “workplace” giving initiatives
- Increase investment in United Way by expanding and diversifying resource development efforts in workplace campaigns with the support of the Campaign Cabinet
- Make presentations and represent United Way of Palm Beach County in the community at local events and workplace campaign kick-offs
- Ensure that accurate, up-to-date information is maintained in the database for assigned portfolio of accounts
- Work in collaboration with full development team to ensure corporate partners are educated and aware of all affinity group engagement opportunities for their employees
- Ability to build consensus and facilitate collaboration and productive relationships with diverse individuals, groups, organizations, and community
- Work closely in partnership with finance and pledge processing for the pledge reconciliation process to help ensure UW is in receipt of full giving amounts
- Manage and monitor progress and results for all assigned accounts
- Work in partnership with assigned temporary campaign staff by participating in the training, support, motivation, problem solving and assessment of assigned accounts
- Collaborate with marketing to develop content for fundraising needs including year-round menu of giving opportunities and other seasonal corporate engagement materials
- Represent UWPBC at public speaking engagements with local businesses and events
- Assist, as assigned by management, with the organization’s disaster response efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Resource Development
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple high-priority projects
- Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of and commitment to CRM (customer relationship management)
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience in the field of sales and/or fundraising.
- Must have strong writing skills and be proficient in Word, Excel, and database management
- Ability to manage multiple demands; results oriented and ability to work quickly and accurately
- Experience in working with Boards and volunteers a plus; extremely tactful and diplomatic in dealing with confidential concerns
- Works well with people and engenders trust and confidence from fellow staff and volunteers
How to apply:
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.