Safety Coordinator – Safe Kids
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time Professional
This position requires a high level outreach staff person who can work independently and with other human service professionals to effectively educate community on injury prevention for children for all of Palm Beach County. The Safe Kids Safety Coordinator is engaging and understands the mission of Safe Kids and the importance of injury prevention education and outreach. S/he needs to be motivated, committed, reliable, and flexible.
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in health field; will consider exchanging years of direct experience for years of education
- Min 2 yrs experience in related field working with community agencies, families and children
- Bi-lingual preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- CPR certification preferred
- National Child Passenger Safety Technician Certification preferred
- Flexible in work hours including evenings and Saturdays
- Possess effective computer skills & communication skills with a focus on customer service
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of community building to help create the Safe Kids Brand.
- Knowledge of local community health and human services resources.
- Ability to effectively provide outreach programs for community programming.
- Knowledge of outreach strategies that will effectively engage families of children 0 – 14 living in the local community.
- Strong facilitation skills and effective public speaking skills.
- Ability to coordinate with local agencies with outreach efforts to reach the targeted local community.
- Ability to gather feedback from the community on an on-going basis to better inform programming decisions.
- Ability to plan and coordinate events, activities and workshops that support capacity building of the community.
- Satisfactory level of computer skills in the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and Excel, as well as usage of the internet and e-mail.
- Motivated, committed, reliable and accountable.
How to Apply
All applicants can apply at: https://www.cp-cto.org/work-here
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.