Senior Support Program Coordinator
The Glades Initiative
The Senior Support Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in and supporting the efforts of the organization’s system of care activities for the Senior Support Program. The Program Coordinator will report to the Program Director. Position is full-time with generous benefits.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000
- Coordinate the Senior Support in the Glades Program to include
- Case management, supplemental food and referral services for 30 eligible seniors in the Glades, including case notes and other documentation.
- Managing all grant requirements for the Senior Support Program
- Assist with coordination of Nutrition Education Classes: working with staff trainers, volunteers and host sites, including required data management
- Work with other staff in the identification of gaps in services, as well as the generation of ideas and suggestions for means of addressing these gaps
- Actively participate in procuring additional grant resources for the program
- Conduct research, analyses, and assessments on new programs
- Collaborate and partner with provider agencies
- Advocate for residents west of 20-mile bend on health and human services issues
- Foster effective working relationships with health and human service providers
- Organizing and marketing provider forums, trainings, and events related to the mission
- Attend trainings, conferences, and meetings related to the position
- Assistance with basic IT issues and concerns when needed
- All other duties as assigned
General Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
By definition of a system of care, there are numerous partners/ stakeholders involved and as such, the Program Coordinator will need to be able to work well in a team setting. Candidate must be computer literate and have a solid understanding of the health and human service issues facing the residents of the Glades communities. Additionally, the Program Coordinator must be comfortable with public speaking/ presentations to diverse audiences. Must be a self-starter and work well independently. Will also need to have and utilize strong organization skills. Bilingual proficiency needed. Spanish/English preferred.
Education and Experience
This position requires some college education. A Bachelor’s degree preferred, 2 – 4 years of case management and health/ human services program experience, with seniors preferred. Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred. This position is Non-Exempt and reports directly to the President/CEO.
Hazards of Position
Some lifting and operation of light office equipment, some travel by public or private conveyance.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject line: Senior Coordinator-“Your NAME”
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.