United Way of Palm Beach County
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, Full time
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
The Staff Accountant supports the organization by providing financial and administrative support including processing and reconciliation of cash receipts between systems, preparation of general or adjusting journal entries, updating general ledger workpapers and assist with supporting schedules relating to grants, programs, or other donor related activity. This position reports to the Director of Finance and works closely with the Senior Accountant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Import Cash receipts data weekly from our Pledge Processing (AR) Database.
- Reconcile Cash receipts financial information between accounting system and pledge processing database
- Reconcile Cash receipts imports with the daily deposit log tying to the bank.
- Record monthly banking/processing fees
- Drafts the reconciliation of the operating bank statement for review and processing by the Senior Accountant
- Prepare standard, general and adjusting journal entries as directed.
- Prepare a variety of complex and recurring accounting-related reports, summaries, and reconciliations with the Senior Accountant
- Downloads and prepares monthly/quarterly statements for our internal departments
- Assists in the preparation of schedules to support grants, programs, and other donor related activity
- Assists in the reconciliation and maintenance of workpaper schedules for various balance sheet accounts
- Assists with Annual Budget and Annual Audit as well as other high-priority projects within the department
- Maintain compliance with accounting standards, government regulations, and tax laws
- Attend organizational, departmental and committee meetings as directed
- Assist with the organization’s disaster response efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field preferred
- 2+ years progressive accounting/bookkeeping experience in public accounting or similar work environment
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting MIP software preferred
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with accounting software and general ledgers
- Strong organization, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to promote excellent performance in self and others
- Ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively
- Demonstrated attention to details
- Ability to conduct research, study and synthesize data, and establish priorities
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple high-priority projects
- Demonstrated outstanding accounting skills
How to Apply
Please click here to apply: https://uwpbc.applicantpool.com/jobs/942200.html
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.