Vice President of Human Resources
United Way of Palm Beach County
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
CLASSIFICATION: Full time
The Vice President of Human Resources leads all human resources operations, talent acquisition, organizational development and learning, culture, and internal communications related activities for the organization. As a member of the senior leadership team, VP works closely with the team to align the Human Resources agenda with the strategic objectives for the organization.
- Oversee all HR initiatives and systems
- Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance
- Drive a culture that embodies UWPBC values that reward, promote and encourage high performance throughout the organization
- Lead organizational compliance with all federal, state, and local labor and employment law issues and requirements.
- Develop comprehensive employee policy guidelines that motivate employees, and that align with the organization’s business goals and its values.
- Implement key diversity, racial equity and inclusion initiatives
- Build a strong employee development framework including career paths, training, recognition and promotion activities.
- Design effective engagement strategies with a focus on retention of high performers, high potentials and key contributors.
- Measure, track, and improve employee engagement and retention
- Develop performance management and improvement systems, including recognition and rewards programs.
- Lead succession planning initiatives across the organization
- Design and execution of employee incentives and benefit offerings
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Work closely with the department managers to develop company-wide goals and objectives along with a performance review program.
- Assist, as assigned by management, with the organization’s disaster efforts
- Assist President & CEO with special projects as assigned
- Ability to acquire and implement knowledge of legal requirements and best practices in human resources management and administration
- Ability to inspire staff and to promote excellent performance in self and others
- Envisions the future of the organization through development of staff and values diversity of people and ideas
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skillsDemonstrated outstanding interpersonal, meeting facilitation, and organizational skills
- Flexibility and ability to work on time-sensitive and multiple high-priority projects
- Human Resources Management
- Leading and Managing Change
- Achievement Orientation
- Developing Others
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience including a solid foundation in employee relations and providing leadership at the senior level
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- SHRM-CP/SCP or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management and leadership development, performance management, organizational design, recruitment and compensation philosophies. Current knowledge of emerging HR trends and practices
- Demonstrated success in driving change and shaping an organization’s culture
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Project management experience, problem-solving skills relative to gathering, organizing, analyzing and presentation of data
- Demonstrated success in helping achieve diversity, racial equity and inclusion as an organizational value
- Demonstrated success building collaboration within and across team; and build strong relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Unquestioned integrity and ethics combined with the professional credibility and accountability to command respect and engender confidence across the organization
- Excellent technology skills
With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply here.
United Way of Palm Beach County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.