ACEs, Trauma and Resilience
In this intensive workshop, participants will learn about:
• About the ACE study, including the ACE pyramid which provides the conceptual framework for the study;
• Outcomes and findings of the ACE study;
• Team building exercise with the Brain Architecture Game;
• Definition of toxic Stress and its Impact on the developing brain in early childhood and throughout the lifespan;
• Impact of early adversity on lifelong health, mental and physical;
• About the ACEs and Resilience Surveys, including participants’ own scores; How resilience trumps ACEs;
• The importance of creating trauma-informed and resilience-building practices based on the findings of the ACEs research;
• Role plays practicing effective communication strategies, including reflective statements;
• and Shifting thinking and practice to become trauma-Informed.
Trainers from Center for Child Counseling
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.