ACE’s, Trauma, and Toxic Stress Workshop
Agencies associated with United Way’s Mentor Center have the opportunity to attend this Trauma Informed Care workshop hosted by the Center for Child Counseling.
In the absence of protective relationships, toxic stress in childhood impacts an individual’s well-being across the lifetime. This workshop provides an overview of the ACE Study, Trauma, Toxic Stress and the Impact on Health.
This 4-hour intensive workshop will provide an overview, hands-on interactive learning, and strategies on becoming trauma-informed.
Participants will learn:
- About the ACE study, including the ACE Pyramid which provides the conceptual framework for the study;
- Outcome and Findings of the ACE study;
- Team Building Exercise with the Brain Architecture Game (this gets each team thinking and working together, while learning!);
- Definition of Toxic Stress and its Impact on the Developing Brain throughout the Lifespan;
- Impact of Early Adversity on Lifelong Health – Emotional and Physical;
- About the ACEs and Resilience Surveys, including their own scores;
- How Resilience Trumps ACEs;
- The importance of creating trauma-informed and resilience-building practices based on the findings of the ACEs research;
- Role plays practicing effective communication strategies, including reflective statements; and
- Shifting Thinking and Practice to become Trauma-Informed
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.