Positive and Adverse Childhood Experiences (PACEs): Impact on the Developing Brain, Resilience, and Lifelong Health
General introduction to PACEs and Toxic Stress, most appropriate for anyone interested in learning more about positive and adverse childhood experiences and what we can all do to foster resilience. By shifting our perspective and recognizing that behaviors may be fueled by feelings a child may not be able to manage, we can build the foundation to help children impacted by adversity.
Participants will learn:
- About the ACE study;
- Outcome and Findings of the ACE study;
- What is Toxic Stress and its Impact on the Developing Brain throughout the Lifespan;
- Impact of Early Adversity on Lifelong Health – Emotional and Physical;
- What are PCEs and the difference between PCEs and ACEs;
- Ways to create trauma-informed and resilience-building practices
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.