Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect
Children deserve to live in a happy and healthy environment free from harm. They also need safe, stable, and nurturing relationships for them to thrive and grow. Unfortunately, this isn’t the case for all children. The purpose of this virtual workshop is to equip participants with the information to make an informed decision about whether a situation involves child abuse or neglect, what your reporting obligation is, and how to go about making such a report.
In this training you will learn about:
• Definitions of the various maltreatments
• Information about the Florida Abuse Hotline
• How to make a report
• Mandated reporter information
• Good Faith reporting & false reporting
• Criteria for acceptance of a report
• What happens if a report is not accepted?
• What happens if I don’t report?
• Confidentiality statute
• Protective Investigative process
• Perceived Barriers: Why people don’t report
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. Our EIN is 59-0683258.
“A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1.800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.” United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.