It is United Way of Palm Beach County’s policy to assure each donor the highest level of trust. As part of this effort, the following important safeguards are assured by United Way of Palm Beach County:
1. A donor’s name and their actual contribution and/or pledge amount will be maintained in confidence by United Way of Palm Beach County.
2. As part of its donor recognition program, United Way of Palm Beach County may wish to publicize the name of its donors. When this occurs, United Way of Palm Beach County will obtain the written authorization of the donor. In most cases, the specific gift amount will not be identified, but the donor will be recognized under the level of giving category that is appropriate to their donation.
3. Under no circumstances will United Way of Palm Beach County sell or share any information from its donor list to any private or public sector entity.
4. United Way of Palm Beach County’s records, including donor names, addresses, donation amounts, and other identifying information, shall be maintained in a confidential environment at United Way of Palm Beach County offices. Access to such information shall only be given to authorized staff and/or volunteers who assure, on an ongoing basis, that they will never use the information for any reason other than the public good of United Way of Palm Beach County, and that they will fully comply with all requirements of this policy.
5. United Way of Palm Beach County collects, uses and stores information you provide when you communicate with us by email, web form submission, phone or fax. No information other than that provided by the donor is collected.
6. United Way of Palm Beach County’s website is PCI compliant and has an SSL certificate to securely encrypt donor data, such as email addresses and credit card information.
7. In the event of a special court order, judicial order, or other legal government order for information is obtained by United Way of Palm Beach County which requires release of information about a donor and his/her donations, United Way will comply with all such court, judicial or government orders, and written communication will be provided to that donor which will include a copy of the court, judicial or government order, as well as copies of documents sent in response. United Way of Palm Beach County’s legal counsel will also receive copies of the court, judicial or government order, and documents sent in response to the order.
To speak to someone at United Way of Palm Beach County headquarters regarding necessary changes to your contact information on file, please email email@example.com or call 561.375.6600.