United Way of Palm Beach County’s Taxes Filed Free program partners with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to provide free, confidential, and secure preparation and e-filing of tax returns to qualified taxpayers. To qualify, taxpayer’s income must have been $68,000 or less in 2021. You may be eligible for up to $6,728 in Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC).
Due to COVID-19, United Way of Palm Beach County will offer free tax preparation services by appointment only following recommendations from the CDC and Florida Department of Health. Face masks required at all locations.
Getting your taxes filed free, fast, and safe has never been easier!
View all of United Way’s Taxes Filed Free program’s filing options below to have your 2021 income tax return prepared and e-filed by our IRS-certified Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers.
- Filed For You: Mandel Public Library of West Palm Beach | West Palm Beach
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish, Creole
Make Appointment Here
- Filed Yourself: Visit myfreetaxes.com and file your own tax return. It’s simple, fast and secure. Support available via FAQ.
Please remember the people helping you are volunteers and are not being paid, so we appreciate your patience.
What to Bring to Your Appointment
Please bring the following items to the VITA site to make it easier to prepare your return:
- Last year’s Federal Income Tax Return (2019 and 2020 income tax returns)
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse (if married), and all dependents
- Correct birth dates for all names that appear on the return
- All W-2’s for 2021, including spouses
- Form 1098 – Mortgage interest, property taxes
- Form 1099 – DIV, G, INT, MISC, Q, R, RRB, SSA for 2021
- Voided check and savings account number for direct deposit of your refund (This is optional, but it gets your cash to you fast)
- A Photo ID card (driver’s license, etc.), including spouse’s, if married and filing joint returns
- For Dependent Care Credit, bring care provider’s name, address, SSN/EIN, and amount you paid
- For Education Credit, bring 1098T or 1098E and amount paid for qualified expenses
- For Premium Tax Credit, bring 1095-A (Health Marketplace Statement)
- Letter 6475 – 2021 Economic Impact Payment
- Letter 6419 – Child Tax Credit Payments
If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must come to the VITA site.
VITA volunteers will NOT prepare Schedule D (Complex), Schedule E, Employee Business Expenses, Moving Expenses, Nondeductible IRA
Child Tax Credit Information
Eligible families will receive advance Child Tax Credit payments of up to $300 for each child younger than age 6 and up to $250 for each qualifying child ages six to 17. Watch an IRS video to learn more.
You may also opt out of the Advanced Child Tax Credit payments that begin in July. Visit the portal here, which is now live.
This program is provided in partnership with:
WE’RE MAKING AN IMPACT!