United Way of Palm Beach County’s Taxes Filed Free Campaign partners with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to provide free, confidential, and secure preparation and e-filing of tax returns to qualified taxpayers. To qualify, taxpayer’s income must have been $66,000 or less in 2020. You may be eligible for up to $6,660 in Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC).
Due to COVID-19, United Way of Palm Beach County will offer free tax preparation services by appointment only following recommendations from the CDC and Florida Department of Health. Face masks are required at all locations.
Apppointments will be available starting February 1st. Stay tuned for sign ups.
Options for Using Taxes Filed Free Services:
Taxes Filed Free service gives you three options to choose from to e-file your tax return. All options are supported by IRS-Certified Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers.
- Filed For You: In-person, socially distanced tax preparation is provided at several county sites.
- Drop Off and Wait or Drop Off and Scan: Offered at select sites. For Drop Off and Wait, clients will wait in their car while their return is being completed. For Drop Off and Scan, client’s information will be scanned into a secure, IRS-certified program TaxSlayer. Client will be notified when to return to pick up tax return.
- Filed Yourself – Visit myfreetaxes.com and file your own tax return. It’s simple, fast and secure. Support available via FAQ.
Full Taxes Filed Free Site List- Coming Soon.
VITA site hours of operation and special services offered such as translators and appointments are listed on the following pages. All sites accommodate individuals with a disability. The sites are grouped by region of the county and listed alphabetically by city.
Please remember the people helping you are volunteers and are not being paid. So please be patient.
What to Bring to Your Appointment:
- Last year’s Federal Income Tax Return (2019 income tax return)
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse (if married), and all dependents
- Correct birth dates for all names that appear on the return
- All W-2’s for 2020, including spouses
- Form 1098 – Mortgage interest, property taxes
- Form 1099 – DIV, G, INT, MISC, Q, R, RRB, SSA for 2020
- Voided check and savings account number for direct deposit of your refund (This is optional, but it gets your cash to you fast)
- A Photo ID card (driver’s license, etc.), including spouse’s, if married and filing joint returns
- For Dependent Care Credit, bring care provider’s name, address, SSN/EIN, and amount you paid
- For Education Credit, bring 1098T or 1098E and amount paid for qualified expenses
- For Premium Tax Credit, bring 1095-A (Health Marketplace Statement)
If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must come to the VITA site.
VITA volunteers will NOT prepare Schedule D (Complex), Schedule E, Employee Business Expenses, Moving Expenses, Nondeductible IRA,
This program is provided in partnership with:
WE’RE MAKING AN IMPACT!