Effective March 16, 2020 all VITA site locations have been closed due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) until further notice.
Individuals looking for free tax preparation services can utilize the following options at this time:
- Call 211 for local tax filing options
- Explore free tax filing options provided by the IRS here: https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/
- Visit www.MyFreeTaxes.com
Americans without a permanent address qualify for a one-time $1,200 Economic Impact Payment. Click here for more information on how to claim this payment.
United Way of Palm Beach County has partnered with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to bring free tax preparation services to those in our community with an annual household income of $66,000 or less in 2019 and focus on those who may be eligible to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) of up to $6,557.
Click here for VITA Site locations
You may also call 211 to help find a location near you.
VITA site hours of operation and special services offered such as translators and appointments are listed on the following pages. All sites accommodate individuals with a disability. The sites are grouped by region of the county and listed alphabetically by city.
There are 3 options for using the Taxes Filed Free service:
- Filed For You – Tax preparation provided at several county sites.
- Filed With Help – At select sites, file your own tax returns.
- Filed Yourself – Visit MyFreeTaxes.com. It’s simple, secure, and support is available via FAQ.
- Please note: HR&Block supports this option and charges a $25 fee for Schedule C, D or E forms.
All options are supported by IRS-Certified Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers.
Please remember the people helping you are volunteers and are not being paid, so please be patient.
What to Bring:
Please bring the following items to the VITA site to make it easier to prepare your return:
- Last year’s Federal Income Tax Return (2018 income tax return)
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse (if married), and all dependents
- Correct birth dates for all names that appear on the return
- All W-2’s for 2019, including spouses
- Form 1098 – Mortgage interest, property taxes
- Form 1099 – DIV, G, INT, MISC, Q, R, RRB, SSA for 2019
- Voided check and savings account number for direct deposit of your refund (This is optional, but it gets your cash to you fast)
- A Photo ID card (driver’s license, etc.), including spouse’s, if married and filing joint returns
- For Dependent Care Credit, bring care provider’s name, address, SSN/EIN, and amount you paid
- For Education Credit, bring 1098T or 1098E and amount paid for qualified expenses
- For Premium Tax Credit, bring 1095-A (Health Marketplace Statement)
If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must come to the VITA site.
VITA volunteers will NOT prepare Schedule D (Complex), Schedule E, Employee Business Expenses, Moving Expenses, Nondeductible IRA, Minor’s Investment Income.
This program is provided in partnership with:
WE’RE MAKING AN IMPACT!