United Way of Palm Beach County’s Taxes Filed Free program partners with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to provide free, confidential, and secure preparation and e-filing of tax returns to qualified taxpayers. To qualify, taxpayer’s income must have been $66,000 or less in 2020. You may be eligible for up to $6,660 in Earned Income Tax Credits (EITC).
Due to COVID-19, United Way of Palm Beach County will offer free tax preparation services by appointment only following recommendations from the CDC and Florida Department of Health. Face masks are required at all locations.
If your 2020 household income was $66,000 or less, schedule an appointment at one of our year-round tax preparation locations listed below or file your own taxes online using free tax software from MyFreeTaxes.com.
Community Partners of South Florida
2001 W. Blue Heron Blvd, Riviera Beach, FL 33404
Appointment only. Call 561-841-3500 ext. 1021/1012 or 561-281-3997 for appointment.
June 24; July 29; August 26; September 30; October 28
9:00AM to 2:00PM
Please call 561-375-6629 for additional appointments and information.
Our program is supported by IRS-certified Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers.
What to Bring to Your Appointment:
- Last year’s Federal Income Tax Return (2019 income tax return)
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse (if married), and all dependents
- Correct birth dates for all names that appear on the return
- All W-2’s for 2020, including spouses
- Form 1098 – Mortgage interest, property taxes
- Form 1099 – DIV, G, INT, MISC, Q, R, RRB, SSA for 2020
- Voided check and savings account number for direct deposit of your refund (This is optional, but it gets your cash to you fast)
- A Photo ID card (driver’s license, etc.), including spouse’s, if married and filing joint returns
- For Dependent Care Credit, bring care provider’s name, address, SSN/EIN, and amount you paid
- For Education Credit, bring 1098T or 1098E and amount paid for qualified expenses
- For Premium Tax Credit, bring 1095-A (Health Marketplace Statement)
If married and filing a joint return, both spouses must come to the VITA site.
VITA volunteers will NOT prepare Schedule D (Complex), Schedule E, Employee Business Expenses, Moving Expenses, Nondeductible IRA.
Child Tax Credit Information
Eligible families will receive advance Child Tax Credit payments of up to $300 for each child younger than age 6 and up to $250 for each qualifying child ages six to 17. Watch an IRS video to learn more.
You may also opt out of the Advanced Child Tax Credit payments that begin in July. Visit the portal here, which is now live.
This program is provided in partnership with:
WE’RE MAKING AN IMPACT!