Help promote our VITA Program!
Use these free downloadable resources to help United Way of Palm Beach County promote the Taxes Filed Free Campaign for tax season 2020.
PROGRAM OUTREACH RESOURCES
Flyers and Posters
RESOURCES FOR EMPLOYERS
Tax Help for your employees is one more way United Way works together with you! Your employees may qualify to receive free tax preparation and filing through United Way’s Taxes Filed Free Campaign.
MyFreeTaxes: Free Online filing for your employees (earning $66,000 or less)
- MyFreeTaxes is a free online software sponsored by United Way Worldwide and partners. It includes free federal tax preparation software (through H&R Block) along with a phone and chat hotline staffed by specially trained operators who can assist with tax and software questions. Your employees can file taxes from home at their convenience. For more info, click here.
- You can also run MyFreeTaxes in a computer lab at your worksite to assist your employees in filing.
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance: Free Tax Preparation
- Volunteer tax sites (VITA) are operated throughout the county through a partnership of IRS, United Way of Palm Beach County and partner agencies and corporations.
- Your employees can receive free tax preparation assistance weekends and evenings at a community site. Click here for more information about tax preparation sites in the community.
- Several corporate teams volunteer together at tax sites; opportunities vary from individual volunteering to corporate sponsored tax sites. If your team is interested in volunteering contact Nubia Ortega at 561.375.6618.
Employers: How to get involved
- Share a link on your intranet or in your employee newsletter: Add an announcement with a link to www.taxesfiledfree.org on your employee Intranet or share with your employees via e-mail.
- Distribute flyers and posters in your workplace: Place flyers and posters in break rooms, on bulletin boards, or at meetings. See customizable materials above.
- Include flyers in payroll and W-2 mailings: Timing is everything! Include our flyer or payroll insert with your employee W-2’s, or share via e-mail.
- Host a tax site at your workplace: Make it easy for employees to get taxes prepared for free. This is a great option for companies who employ a large number of employees earning $66,000 or below, can provide employee volunteers to manage and operate site, and have on-site computer labs available during business hours for several dates during tax season.
- Encourage employees to volunteer: Your employees can serve the community, build teamwork, learn a valuable skill, receive free IRS tax training and earn professional CEU credits or CRA credits as volunteers. Contact Nubia Ortega to get started!
Don’t see what you are looking for? Please contact Vivian Pazmino, VITA Program Director, at 561.364.3248.