September 27th – October 3rd is Diaper Need Awareness Week, and Women United is proud to partner with Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County to make a difference for local families!
Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition’s goal is to see all pregnant women receive early prenatal care, education, and support to improve healthy birth outcomes and end disparities.
Did you know?
- 1 in 3 American families reports experiencing diaper need.
- 5 million children in the U.S. aged three or younger live in low-income families.
- Infants require up to 12 diapers per day; toddlers require about 8.
- Disposable diapers can cost $70 to $80 per month per baby.
- No state or federal child safety-net program allocates dollars specifically for the purchase of diapers.
- Without transportation, buying diapers at a convenience store rather than a large “big box” store can significantly increase the monthly cost of diapers.
- Most childcare centers, even free and subsidized facilities require parents to provide a day’s supply of disposable diapers.
3 Easy Ways to Help:
- Select an item off of Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County’s Amazon Wishlist.
- Volunteer at our diaper packing volunteer event on Friday, October 1st from 3-5pm in West Palm Beach.
- Use the form below to make a donation and turn dollars into diapers, wipes, and baby food for the HMHB Basics4Babies Emergency Pantry for Infants. This emergency pantry for infants provides formula, baby food and diapers for children ages birth through three in Palm Beach County whose families face financial hardship.
Thank you for helping us care for local families!