My Brother’s Keeper: 2019 Race to Equity Summit
Registration for this event is sold out!
The MBK Race to Equity Summit workshops will bring together people from government, community organizations, businesses, local residents and leaders from across the state to breakdown barriers and build opportunity for our youth and young men of color.
The theme for this year’s summit is Facing, Embracing, and Leading with Equity. The 2019 Race to Equity Summit will provide a unique space for community members, leaders, activists, young people, and organizers to learn about and unite in solidarity for collective impact and justice across programs, systems, and policies, through interactive workshops, sessions, and skill-building. Keynote by Jane Elliot, internationally known teacher, lecturer, diversity trainer, and recipient of the National Mental Health Association Award for Excellence in Education. To learn more, please click here to visit her website.
The MBK Summit is 2 full days – February 20 & 21st. Registration begins each morning at 7:30am and concludes at 5pm each day, with the exception of the evening reception on February 20th from 5:00-7:00pm. Please click here to view the conference agenda.
The goals of this conference are to:
- Boldly face racial inequities by examining how many of our systems have perpetuated institutional, structural and systemic barriers adversely impacting children, youth and young adults of color.
- Intentionally embrace strategies using a racial equity lens to challenge reforms in our government, education, health, labor, housing, social services and criminal justice systems.
- Unapologetically lead with race, tackling burning – as well as deep-rooted – issues and bringing forward innovative and inclusive solutions to positively transform the lives of children, youth and young adults of color.
Who should attend?
- Any individual who desires to learn more about what is happening and what it will take to create a more equitable Palm Beach County.
- Any action-oriented person working to face, embrace and lead in the movement for racial equity on behalf of historically underserved communities.
- Any organization with an expressed commitment to improving opportunity for all.
- Any youth or young adult who wants to be engaged in the process, sharing their own story, redefining how the systems and policies that affect their lives can be transformed.
- All who are willing to challenge systems of oppression in the movement for social and economic justice.
Proceeds will support United Way of Palm Beach County’s Mentor Center to help increase the number of mentor/mentee matches and support Future Leaders United for Change in Palm Beach County.
Registration will begin on November 1, 2018.
Sponsorship Opportunities are currently available! Please click here to view the Sponsorship Packet, or contact Tanisha Osorto at 561.512.3815 | email@example.com
For more information about the Race to Equity Summit or to view previous Race to Equity highlights visit www.MBKPBC.com
Thank you to all of our incredible MBK partners!
Contributions benefit United Way of Palm Beach County, a not-for-profit tax-exempt organization. “A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF UNITED WAY OF PALM BEACH COUNTY, CH802, MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1. 800.435.7352 WITHIN THE STATE OF FLORIDA, OR AT www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.”
United Way of Palm Beach County receives 100% of each contribution.