IMPACT the Future for Generations to Come
United Way of Palm Beach County is committed to the long-term vitality of our community. An endowment gift to United Way of Palm Beach County will allow us to create an ever-strengthening impact in our community for future generations. We believe that everyone in Palm Beach County deserves access to the basics such as food, education, housing and health.
1 in 5 Palm Beach County residents are served by our nonprofit partners and special projects. We carefully identify our community’s needs and invest in programs and special projects that strategically address those needs, truly helping to improve the lives of our residents and advance the common good.
Plan your legacy gift to United Way today, and help us impact the future.
Imagine a future where all children have access to a high-quality education, all working individuals achieve financial stability, and all community members have access to the resources they need to lead healthy lives.
Planned Gifts allow donors to:
- Leave a legacy that fits your philanthropic goals
- Make a long-term investment in our community
- Help meet the needs of our most vulnerable neighbors for generations to come
In addition, donors who make Planned Gifts enjoy:
- The confidence that comes with investing in an organization that has been serving our local community since 1928
- Sizable income and estate tax deductions
- Favorable capital gains tax treatment
- Additional options to provide income for you and your loved ones for life
United Way of Palm Beach County’s Premiere Planned Giving Options
1. Create Your Last Will & Testament, 100% free*
With FreeWill, your legacy and the future of our community is in your hands. FreeWill is a free, intuitive way to create your full legal will, or to begin your plans before consulting a lawyer. This tool is free to you whether or not you choose to include a gift to us and only takes about 20 minutes to complete.
Making a will gives you peace of mind today and leaves a legacy that supports the people and causes most important to you. Getting started is easier than you think and you can make changes for free at any time.
- Visit FreeWill.com/UnitedWay to start writing your will (or make a new one to update yours).
- Leave a lasting legacy by choosing to leave a gift to United Way of Palm Beach County (or any other charity of your choice) by using the drop-down menu.
- Sign your will with two witnesses and you’re all set!
- You can also use the tool to document your wishes and find an attorney near you, if you’d prefer.
2. Reduce Your Taxes by Making a QCD Gift*
If you are at least 70.5 years old and have a Traditional IRA, then you’re eligible to make a tax-free donation to United Way of Palm Beach County directly from your IRA, also known as a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD).
The year you turn 70.5, Traditional IRA holders must withdraw a Required Minimum Distribution (RMD). QCDs can help you meet your RMD and are tax free, even if you don’t itemize deductions on your tax return.
They also lower Adjusted Gross Income (AGI), which can help you to stay in a lower tax bracket, reduce or eliminate the taxation of Social Security or other income, and remain eligible for deductions and credits that might be lost if you had to declare the RMD amount as income.
3. Other Planned Giving Options
Through our array of planned giving options you can create a lasting legacy for future generations.
This could be your legacy. Questions or would you like to set up an appointment?
Please contact Martina Brief, Director of Philanthropy | 561.375.6679
**The materials provided on this website are not intended as legal or tax advice. We encourage you to consult your own financial advisor to arrange a gifting plan that best suits your personal circumstances and vested interest in United Way of Palm Beach County.